Monday, July 6, 2009

Humans are multi-dimensional, undefinable beings

What compels someone to identify themselves with a specific category? In movies, high schools are always portrayed with stereotypical cheerleader, Jock, Nerd social dividers. By looking around my school, this is simply not the case. We are all searching for a certain group or lifestyle to identify with, to be a part of. We change drastically from year to year. So much, in fact, that we change groups of friends multiple times. We are all seeking some sort of comfort in trying to find out who we really are. What we forget is that we are already who we are. Being a part of a certain scene doesn't make us any more defined than we already are. The human race is a multi-dimensional, undefinable being. So if I were to sit down and think about who I am as a person, my answer would be, me. These social classes mean nothing in the long run. These traits a person obtains or is born with, is useless. We are people, we change constantly. Our brain rewires itself and we have a fresh new perspective on life and then the next week, we are searching again. Who I am, as a being myself, is everything and nothing at once. But who I would like to become, that is ever changing. The only thing that matters, is what I can do for the rest of the world. I refuse to leave this world contributing nothing. Just sitting in a cubicle all day watching time pass and being worried about which celebrity had a baby while the rest of the world is starving and the ecosystem is failing. This is the only thing I truly understand about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment